Thursday, September 10, 2009

Filling My Head

So a book popped out on the shelf at the used bookstore the other day, “The Loving Dominant” by John and Libby Warren.  Of course I bought it to share with Master and Mistress but I had to preview it myself to see if it was appropriate.  There is a chapter written by Libby, the author’s wife and submissive that is truly beautiful.  Here’s an excerpt:

My earliest fantasies, and they were when I was very young, always involved being somehow chosen and desired,  I will borrow here from the image of the goddess who is a composite of virgin, maiden and crone to describe how these forces, desire, and need coalesce within me and reach expression through submission.  The part of me that is virgin and wants to always be able to approach new things in an open-minded and curious way without giving a thought to my own security…The part of me that is maiden seeks to explore passion and creativity…The crone is the wisdom part of me that is self-assured enough to look at my dark desires.

Beautiful!  About halfway through the book there is a chapter entitled “Making a scene sing.”  The author proceeds to describe examples of some highly elaborate “scenes” involving things such as a maiden being raped by pirates or witch being burned at the stake.  I understand everyone has their own tastes but it just seems really cheesy to me.  Why isn’t it enough for me to be me and Him to be Him?  It is enough, more than enough for me to be stripped to my core, to be Cassie, brought fully into my body and freed of all thoughts but for his pleasure.  Surely we both play a role…we are living out a fantasy of sorts.  But in a way I believe we are stripped of all the bullshit and games when we play, free to live out our darkest desires, more true to ourselves than we can be in the light of day.

I will say the book has some very interesting ideas, including a complete description of how to do waxing (dripping or splashing hot candle wax on the submissive) and fire on skin which consists of putting alcohol (he suggests 70% isporopyl from the drugstore) on the submissive and setting it aflame for a few seconds.  Of course, ice cubes should be kept on hand for both these activities and extreme care used.

[Via http://freedbyfetters.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment