Friday, January 29, 2010

Nude or Naked?



Is it called nude or naked? I guess that’s something to think about over the weekend.

Before I started modeling, whenever someone didn’t have any clothes on, it was called being naked. It was always something like, “I don’t want anyone to see me naked”, “I heard so and so were swimming naked”, or even “Hey!, Let’s get naked!”

When I first started modeling, I just assumed that all modeling was fashion modeling of one sort or another. Then, one of the first photographers I worked with, asked me if I would be interested in posing nude. I thought about how posing nude, somehow sounded glamorous and artsy. So, I talked it over it with my boyfriend, and decided to give it a try. It turned out to be a lot more fun than I had imagined it would be. I think back, and I wonder what my response would have been if the photographer had asked me to pose naked?

In the time since then, it seems the most common reaction I get from friends and family when I say that I often pose nude is, “you mean you were naked?”, like it was something embarrassing, or even against my will. But really, I think of naked as being fun and free. Since I started posing nude, I realized even more, just how fun it is to be naked.

I understand that the appeal for people that buy my DVDs, is that they get to see me naked, but when I am on a shoot, I really don’t look at it that way myself. In real life, outside of the privacy of my own apartment, there just aren’t that many situations where I have an excuse to “get naked”. I don’t even have the nerve to wear a bikini in public, so I don’t even go to the beach or anything. But, it’s completely different when I go on a shoot where I will be taking my clothes off, because I love to be naked in controlled situations, where I normally wouldn’t consider it. All the shoots with Rusty are so much fun because I get an excuse to be naked outside a lot. I never think of it as being nude outside, because it is so much fun feeling the sun on my naked skin. When I was asked if I wanted to be in a fishing video, the first thing I asked was, “do I get to be naked?” The company I did that shoot for said they would like it if I took my top off, but don’t get completely naked. It was a lot of fun anyway being topless out on the lake, and we didn’t get into any trouble with the law.

So, that is my opinion on nude and naked, in a nutshell. I actually could have wrote a lot more on the subject, but I will save that for another time. Anyone else have an opinion on the subject that they would like to share?

[Via http://jennifersmusings.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment